Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mom's Healthy Secrets - a review



Not too long ago I came home to find a sample of Mom's Healthy Secrets waiting at my door. Being positively ravenous I welcomed the thought of pairing my sample with some yogurt and calling it dinner.





Question was would it be any good? A quick review of the nutrtional info revealed that it was slightly higher on the carbohydrate count given the sample size. Still if it was filling it would probably be worthwhile.





The ingredients list was definitely impressive. Full of yummy organic goodies! A quick once over also identified the fruits that were likely responsible for the elevated carb count.





The sample itself looked yummy
sitting there enticingly in the package. And the taste . . .





A DEFINITE winner!!! It was like a customized granola product - but way cheaper. Truth is it wasn't overly sweet but also not overly bland. The variety of textures made my mouth very happy indeed! And the portion was just large enough to fill my tummy.

Overall verdict? Not only would I recommend it but I would also buy it myself - and soon!!!


Unfortunately for my American friends it seems this is one product which is currently only available in Canada. But given that it's carried by Wholefoods maybe it will arrive soon to a supermarket shelf near you! :o)

2 comments:

Marianne (frenchfriestoflaxseeds) said...

I have a sample of that stuff as well that I haven't tried. Mine did not arrive in as good condition as yours did though - I think ever piece inside was busted to cereal dust. LOL.

A Toronto girl out West said...

Marianne,

That bites!! It was pretty tasty though! :o)